- Activities near to Rectory Holiday Cottages, Maghery, County Donegal.
Golf - Cruit Island
Golf - Portnoo
Fishing - Bunbeg Harbour
Fishing - Burton Port
Eating - Teach Killindaragh
Eating- Lobster Pot
Eating & Drinking - The Bayview Bar
- Lobster Pot - an award winning seafood restaurant located in the fishing village of Burtonport (10km from cottages). 074 9542012
- Teach Killandaragh - an award winning restaurant also known as Danny Minnies located in Annagry (20km from cottages. 074 9548201
- Bayview – an award winning restaurant in lower Main Street, Dungloe (6 km from cottages). 074 9561682
- Caislean Oir - an excellent hotel and restaurant in Annagry also known as Teach Jack. 074 9548113
- Leo's Tavern - an excellent bar and restaurant in Min a Leic close to Crolly. This is the home of Clannad and Enya with nightly traditional music available nightly during the summer months. The songs of Leo Brennan himself feature nightly. 074 9548143
- Viking House - a hotel and restaurant close to Kincasslagh (17km from cottages). 074 9543939
- An Cuirt Hotel - a hotel and restaurant in Gweedore located along the N56 close to Errigal Mountain (25 km from cottages). 074 9532900
- Golden Palace - for Chinese food lovers.
- Carrickfin Beach is a beautiful beach located close to Carrickfin Airport – a blue flag beach
- Maghery Beach is a beautiful sandy beach 500m from cottages - safe for swimming.
- Croaghy Tower is one of a numberof Martello Towers built in the Napoleonic era. It overlooks Maghery beach and Aranmore Island.
- Maghery Lough is located close to the cottages in a Special Area of Conservation. The clake cis stocked by Rosses Anglers - a great variety of wild birds frequent the area of the lake.
Places to visit.
Fish, Surf, Walk.
- Burtonport - a fishing village 7km from Dungloe where ferries leave for Aranmore Island. Charter boats available for fishing trips and island hopping.
- Errigal Mountain is the highest mountain in Donegal. It towers over Dunlewey Glen - a haven for hill walkers and mountain climbers. Beautiful panoramic views from the top of Errigalof the Rosses, Gweedore and Cloughaneely (25km from cottages).
- Glengesh is an impressive glen dating back to the ice age on route from Glencolmcille and Sliabh Liag to Ardara (60km from cottages).
- Glenveigh National Park is one of the most visited heritage sites in Ireland. There are guided tours of Glenveigh Castle and it's grounds. This castle and estate, home to the golden eagle was donated to the State by it's American owner, John Mc Elhinney. (60km from cottages).
- Sliabh Liag is one of Europe's highest cliffs rising to 301metres above the Atlantic Ocean below. There is a beautiful walk from Bunglas to Malinbeg near Glencolmcille. The area provides a unique habitat for birds and plant life. Development plans to create a world class visitor centre here are in place.(60km from cottages).
- Lake and River Fishing. There are at least 130 lakes in the region between Gweebara Bridge and the Crolly Bridge. the Rosses Anglers are the operators of the main lakes stocked with brown and rainbow trout. Daily, weekly and yearly permits are available. Boats are available for hire. Wearing of life jackets is compulsory. The main lakes are Dungloe lake along the N 56 outside Dungloe, Tully Lake 2 miles from Dungloe on Tully Road, Lough Meela 2 miles from Dungloe on Burtonport Road, Owenamara Lake 3 miles from Dungloe on Doochary Road. Lough Alec Mor 2 miles from Dungloe on Meenacross road and Loughanure Lake 5 miles from Dungloe close to Loughanure Village. Permits and boat hire: Bonner's Fishing Tackle Shop. Main Street, Dungloe 07595 21163 and John Baska Supervalu Shopping Centre. Tel: 087 9360813
- Deep Sea Angling available from Burtonport, Kincasslagh and Bunbeg Harbour. Neil Gallagher, an experienced skipper and fisherman owns and skippers the Aqua Star and is available for charter for sea angling and scuba diving from May until October.
- Saoire Mara Charters operates a fast charter boat "Caitlin Marie". It is licensed to carry up to 12 passengers and is available for deep sea angling, sight seeing cruises, island trips and diving operations. (22kms from cottages) Tel:087 9870266 Email:email@example.com
- Dooey Surf School is based at the beautiful Dooey strand 15 km from Dungloe. The schol is run by Kevin Tobin an experienced surfer and former Irish surfing champion. Individuals and groups caterted for. Tel:07495 22468 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sli na Rosann is a designated walking route from Dungloe to Maghery-Cleendra-Meenacross-Derrydruel-Craghy-Croveigh-Crolly-Annagry-Burtonport-Dungloe.The majority of this route follows track or minor road with excellent views of the atlantic,hidden glens and numerous lakes. Sli na Finne, Sli Arainn Mhor are link routes.
- Dunlewey is a village located at the base of Errigal Mountain close to the Poisoned Glen.
- Dunlewey Lakeside Centre is located here. This centre has developed around a well known local weaver, Manus Ferry. The centre is ideal for a family day trip. The centre houses a craft shop, restaurant and concert venue. Outside there is a compound housing a various animal. There are boat trips available on Dunlewey Lake. (25kms from cottages)
- Daniel O'Donnell Museum, Dungloe.
Horse Riding - Pony Trekking.
- Castleview Horse and Pony Trekking is located at Loughros Point outside Ardara Town.They are operating from April until October.They cater for all levels of horse riding experience. Booking necessary in high season. Tel: 07490 41212
- Dunfanaghy Stables are associated with Arnold's Hotel in Dunfanaghy.These riding stables are open to the public 7 days a week from April until October. All age groups catered for. Tel: 07491 00980
- Ashtree Riding Stables is a family run business located off the main Milford to Carrigart road catering for all ages.Horse and pony trekking available. Tel 074 9153312
- Deanes Equestrian Centre: Horse and Pony trekking through private forest, farmland and countryside. Lessons fo rall ages and abilities. Tel:074 9737160 www.deanesequestrian.ie
- Doagh Visitor's Centre is located on the Inisowen Peninsula.This outdoor museum tells the story of this area and it's people going back to Famine times. Tel 074 93789078
Glencolmcille region – 1.5 hours from cottages.
Derry – 1.5 hours from cottages
Giant’s Causeway – 3 hours
Glenveagh National Park - 1 hour
Cruit Island 9 hole (21 km from cottages) 074 9543296
Portoo 18 hole (35 km from cottages) 074 9545107
Gweedore 9 hole (20 km from cottages) 074 9531140
Dunfanaghy 18 hole (45 km from cottages) 074 9136335
Bayview, Main St Dungloe.
Beedy’s Bar, Main Street, Dungloe.
Corner Bar, Main Street, Dungloe.
Ownies, Main Street, Dungloe.
Midway, Main Street, Dungloe.
Patrick Johnny Sally’s, Main street, Dungloe.
Central Bar, Main Street, Dungloe.
Denis & Nuala Hanlon,
Crucknagera, Dungloe, Co. Donegal.
Tel: +353 (0)74 95 21286
Holiday homes in Ireland . Cottages in Ireland . Cottages in Donegal . Donegal Cottages . Irish Cottages . Golf in Donegal .
Donegal Golf . Bird watching in Donegal . Fishing in Donegal . Sea Angling from Burtonport . Donegal Pony Trekking . Donegal Horse Riding .
Horse Riding in Donegal . Ireland Holiday Cottages . Donegal Island Trips . Donegal Watersport . Angling in Donegal . Rosses Anglers Dungloe .
Walking in Donegal . Donegal Hill Walking . Donegal Islands . Tory Island . Aranmore Island . Donegal Visitor Attractions .